Where/when is the Festival?
• The Big River Steampunk Festival is celebrated in Hannibal, Missouri, located on the western shore of the Mississippi River approximately 100 miles north of St. Louis.
• The Festival will take place on Labor Day weekend each year. The 2018 Festival will be held Friday, August 31 – Monday, Sept. 3.
• Festival events are scheduled all weekend and will take place throughout historic downtown Hannibal. The main locations for events are Main Street and Kiwanis Park on the riverfront, with a few selected events in other special locations.
• Booths with merchandise for sale will be open from 5pm - 9pm on Friday, August 31; 10am to 5pm on Saturday, Sept. 1 and Sunday, Sept. 2; and from 10am to 4pm on Monday, Sept. 3. Some merchants may decide to be open later than the regularly scheduled times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening.
• A free Festival Guide will be available throughout downtown Hannibal with event schedules, maps, and all the information guests will need to enjoy the Festival. A PDF of the Festival Guide will also be posted on this website after August 1, 2018.
Am I required to wear a Steampunk costume or any special clothing?
• Absolutely not! We strongly encourage you to dress in Steampunk attire while attending the Festival but it is not required.
• Be sure to visit the "About Steampunk" page on this website for costume ideas and design inspiration.
• We will have Seminars and a Maker’s Workshop during the Festival, you can even make costume pieces while you’re here enjoying the festivities!
Are there any free events? Where can I purchase tickets?
• Public events such as Entertainment on the Main Stage, Contests, Seminars and Workshops, The Great Midway, Tea Dueling, Parades, etc. are all free to the general public. Tickets may be purchased for other events individually such as the Time Traveler's Ball, The Burley-Q, etc. Visit the "Schedule of Events" page for detailed information. The full schedule of events will be posted before August 1, 2018.
Can I Volunteer to help with the Festival?
• Yes! Volunteers will receive special Big River Steampunk Festival merchandise, tickets, and other surprises based on the amount of time they devote to helping with the Festival. Please inquire via eMail to Info@BigRiverSteampunkFestival.com
Prohibited Weapons Policy:
• Functional firearms, tazers, stun-guns, and instruments with sharp blades are prohibited unless they feature a secured "peace bond" -- zip ties or strong wire wrapped so as to make the weapon non-functioning or unsheathable. Non-functioning firearms and props are permitted. Generally, any potentially dangerous weapons will be prohibited, and “prop”, “costume” or “toy” weapons are permitted. If your weapon looks real, Festival Security will inspect it to verify that it is non-functioning (including those made so with a peace bond) and safe. Items are evaluated on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of Festival Security personnel and their determination is final to ensure the safety of not only the owner of the weapon but also those participating in and enjoying the Festival.
Big River Steampunk Festival
is Presented By:
Hannibal History Museum Foundation
200 N. Main Street
Hannibal, MO 63401
a 501(c)(3) Missouri non-profit corporation
Federal ID (EIN): 46-4772316
IRS DLN# 17053062337044
Website Design by Second Empire Productions
Copyright (c) 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
All Rights Reserved
Please acknowledge our Scheduling, Copyrights and Trademarks Policies:
Big River Steampunk Festival, the Big River Steampunk Festival logo, and other names, logos, icons and marks identifying Big River Steampunk Festival products and services are trademarks of the Hannibal History Museum Foundation and may not be used without the acquisition of prior written permission from the Hannibal History Museum Foundation. All rights not expressly granted in this agreement are reserved to the Hannibal History Museum Foundation. You may not post, distribute, reproduce, or sell in any way, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information that you do not have legal authorization to use. Although not anticipated, necessary changes to the Schedule of Events, products offered, and any other advertised offerings may be made without prior notice.